What will I study?
- Integrated Language Skills (15 hours per week)
- Teacher Supported Online Language Development (5 hours per week)
- Engagement and Communicative Language Skills - Levels 1-3 (5 hours per week)
- Research and Study Skills - Levels 4-5 (5 hours per week)
- Preparation for International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (5 hours per week)
- Topics for University Study (5 hours per week)*
* You will study language and content related to your future studies, so you are better prepared for your academic course, including: subject-based vocabulary, developing subject-based skills, building on knowledge and expanding your understanding of relevant subject matter.
How will I be assessed?
In your first two weeks, we will test your language level to ensure you’re placed in the right class to support your language development and help you plan which modules you’ll need to study.
If you attend all your classes, complete all of the exercises assigned to you by your teacher and make the most of the digital learning platform provided, you can expect to progress by up to one IELTS band per term. And by getting involved in life at the centre outside of your classes, you can build on your new language skills even further. Once you’ve reached the language level required for your chosen course, and met any other necessary requirements , you can progress on to your INTO pathway programme.
What are the course outcomes?