Graduate Diploma in Journalism
Academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into a master's degree in financial and international journalism.
Why apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
- university placement for all successful students
- a quality-assured university programme
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
What is special about the programme?
The Graduate Diploma in Journalism is a full-time academic programme that prepares you for postgraduate study in financial and international journalism.
You will improve your language skills, increase your knowledge in academic subjects and develop the necessary study and research skills for postgraduate study. You will also gain an understanding of the UK education system before entering as a postgraduate.
As well as full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on a designated postgraduate degree at City, University of London
- intensive English tuition
- world-class facilities in a modern study centre
- detailed feedback on performance
- a highly supportive study environment
- small classes for maximum student teacher interaction
- professional support and guidance with your university application
- the highest levels of pastoral care and support
The Journalism classes have a practical emphasis, where you will develop and maintain your own online blogs and portfolios of writing, which form the basis of the course assessment. You are also encouraged to develop your own portfolio and contacts outside of the classroom. The small class sizes allow the course to be tailored to
your future career plans and to the area of journalism you wish to pursue at City.
Who should apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
The Graduate Diploma is suitable for international students who need an introduction to the study of a subject in preparation to study it at postgraduate level, or to upgrade qualifications if you have studied a 3 year Diploma in a relevant subject. The Graduate Diploma is also suitable for those that want to increase or update their subject knowledge or those that need to improve their English language study skills within the context of their chosen subject.