Graduate Diploma in Law
Academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into a master's degree in international law and litigaton.
Why apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
- university placement for all successful students
- a quality-assured university programme
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
What is special about the programme?
The Graduate Diploma in Law is a full-time academic programme that prepares you for postgraduate study on selected courses within the City Law School. You will improve your language skills, increase your knowledge in academic subjects and develop the necessary study and research skills for postgraduate study. You will also gain an understanding of the UK education system before entering as a postgraduate.
As well as full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on a designated postgraduate degree at City, University of London
- intensive English tuition
- detailed feedback on performance
- world-class facilities in a modern study centre
- a highly supportive study environment
- small classes for maximum student teacher interaction
- professional support and guidance with your university application
- the highest levels of pastoral care and support
Our teaching style is designed to encourage you to think independently. Technology is used to enhance the classroom experience with real-time interactive writing tasks, as well as accessing online academic databases from the classroom. And the small class sizes mean even lectures provide an opportunity for discussions to take place.
A highlight of the programme is the poster presentation you will give on your intended research topic. More interactive than traditional presentation, this task is designed to encourage discussion and peer feedback.
Who should apply for the Graduate Diploma programme?
The Graduate Diploma is suitable for international students who need an introduction to the study of a subject in preparation to study it at postgraduate level, or to upgrade qualifications if you have studied a 3 year Diploma in a relevant subject. The Graduate Diploma is also suitable for those that want to increase or update their subject knowledge or those that need to improve their English language study skills within the context of their chosen subject.