International Foundation in Actuarial Science
Preparation for an undergraduate degree in actuarial science at Cass Business School.
The International Foundation combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- only International Foundation programme that can guarantee progression to Cass Business School
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
- multiple start dates
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What is special about the programme?
The International Foundation in Actuarial Science leads to the award of the City, University of London International Foundation Certificate (National Qualification Framework Level 3). The programme combines academic study, intensive English language preparation, study skills and cultural orientation to prepare you for entry into the first year of BSc Actuarial Science at Cass Business School, City, University of London.
The INTO City Foundation is the only International Foundation programme that can guarantee progression to Cass Business School.
As well as a guaranteed offer from the City, University of London for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at City, University of London
- the highest levels of personal care and support
This pathway will provide you with a good background in both Economics and Advanced Mathematics – a combination which will equip you with the knowledge and skills to cope with an undergraduate degree in this field.
The Computing modules will give you experience of using software that you will use in your degree and your career. Coursework for the Economics module is based on the practical application of the theory you study to real life situations, where you will evaluate the efficiency of existing models. You will also use journals such as The Economic Review to learn about economic theory, real-world applications and data analysis.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country. The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at City, University of London. Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.