International Foundation in Business and Economics with Accounting
Academic preparation for direct entry to the first year of an undergraduate degree course in areas such as banking and international finance, economics, business studies and management.
This programme provides a pathway to Cass Business School.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed progression to Cass Business School for students who reach levels set by Cass
- acknowledged by Cass Business School as a high quality foundation programme - our students perform very well in their studies at Cass
- largest Foundation route into Cass Business School - 108 INTO City students progressed to Cass in 2016
- course designed and approved by City, University of London and Cass Business School
- on-site City, University of London staff advising and supporting our students
- access to City, University of London support and facilities
- multiple start dates
- guaranteed University placement for all successful students
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (2 or 3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What is special about the programme?
The International Foundation in Business and Economics with Accounting leads to the award of the City, University of London International Foundation Certificate (National Qualification Framework Level 3). The programme combines academic study, intensive English language preparation, study skills and cultural orientation to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree.
The INTO City Foundation is the only International Foundation programme that can guarantee progression to Cass Business School.
As well as a conditional offer from City, University of London for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at City, University of London
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Each academic module will be a mix of lectures and seminars with a focus on
group work. The Business and Economics modules provide you with the opportunity to apply academic theory to real life and topical scenarios. You may have to write a business plan to launch a new product or use economic theory to consider the impact of a change in government policy to a particular industry.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country. The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at City, University of London. Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.