Academic English to prepare you for university study in the UK.
The Pre-sessional English course provides intensive preparation in academic English for students who are academically qualified and hold an offer to start an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at City, University of London in September.
Students with an offer for Cass Business School should apply for the Pre-sessional English for Cass Business School course.
Why apply for this course?
This course is designed to:
- improve your English language proficiency in the core skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, within a university context
- focus on academic English with subject- related work in your chosen area of study in a written project
- help you to study independently using a selection of online materials provided on our Moodle virtual learning environment
What is special about the programme?
The Pre-sessional course provides intensive English language and study skills preparation in a university environment. With highly-experienced teachers, there is no better preparation for your next steps.
The course will:
- provide contextual study skills that help you to adjust to the culture of a UK university
- enable you to adjust to the demands, challenges and expectations of UK higher education and culture
- teach you how to give presentations on different areas of academic interest
- provide you with a short period of time to adapt to living and studying in the UK prior to beginning your academic studies
Who should apply for the Pre-sessional English programme?
This course is suitable for you if you are academically qualified, hold an offer from City, University of London, and need to improve your English language level before starting a degree programme at City, University of London. The Pre-sessional course runs from late June to early September. Depending on your current language level and degree programme requirements, you will be required to take a 12-week course starting at the end of June, an eight-week course starting in July, or a four-week course starting in August.