What will I study?
This course concentrates on academic English to develop your skills within a university context.
This course is designed to:
- Improve your English language proficiency in the core skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing
- Teach you how to give presentations on different areas of cultural and academic interest
- Focus on subject-related work in your chosen area of study including a written project
- Help you to study independently using our extensive online materials
- Provide contextual study skills that acclimatise you to the culture of a UK university.
You will also focus on subject-related work in your chosen area of study to help you learn how to effectively study independently using online and self-access materials.
You will be assessed to determine whether you have reached the appropriate level for your degree course. Methods of assessment include short essays, an extended essay, an oral presentation and end-of-course exams.
This course can help you reach conditions for English language entry set by Cass Business School. Decisions on Academic conditions are made by the Cass Business School admissions team.
Where will it take me?
As long as you have met Cass Business School's academic entry requirements and any other outstanding conditions, achieving the level of performance required in the Pre-Sessional English course to fulfill the conditions of your offer will allow you to progress to your Cass Business School course without needing to retake the IELTS test.
Students must successfully achieve the English criteria required in order to join their chosen undergraduate degree programme.