Is Academic English right for me?
The Academic English program at INTO Colorado State University is accredited by the Commission on English Language Program Accreditation (CEA) and prepares international students for university study in the US. This academically rigorous program provides international students with high-quality English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at CSU through development of:
- Academic study skills
Program highlights include:
- Intensive academic English to prepare for university study
- Access to CSU facilities and events
- Academic advising throughout the program
- Small class sizes
- Highly-trained and experienced instructors
- Conversation Partner Program
- Tutoring available
- Use of a fully-equipped Learning Resource Center with state-of-the-art technology
- Includes Academic English and Foundations of Academic English
- 21 instructional hours per week of classes covering the core skills of reading, writing, listening, speaking, and grammar
The Academic English Program is divided into three levels:
- High beginning, intermediate and advanced. At the Advanced Level, undergraduate and graduate students are in separate sections.
- A foundations level for students who have minimal English language skills, but wish to eventually pursue study in the Academic English Program. The foundations level includes two levels with 7-week terms of instruction plus orientation.
Pre-Academic English Program
This four-week program is specifically designed for students who have been admitted to a Pathway program or directly admitted to a CSU degree program for the Fall semester. This program allows students to strengthen their English language skills and become oriented to US academic culture and expectations prior to starting their Pathway or degree program. Students will attend 20-25 hours of class per week, with instruction in academic listening, speaking, reading and writing.