Summer University Experience
Explore Drew University, Liberal Arts and nearby New York City
The Drew Summer University Experience offers international students aged 15-18 the opportunity to come tour Drew University, INTO Drew and the surrounding New York and New Jersey area. You will practice your English language skills while participating in language workshops, Drew department visits, educational field trips, conversation partner programs and recreational events.
Attending our Summer University Experience, you will experience the benefits of a Drew liberal arts education: small class sizes, close mentorship with professors and a strong focus on experiential learning. You will also become familiar with university life as you interact with students and faculty on Drew’s campus.
Participants will have access to all university facilities during your stay, as well as access to in-residence counselors.
What will I do at the Summer Experience?
Workshops during this program will help you improve your English communication skills while you live on an American university campus:
- Fun, interactive English workshops are designed to give you a chance to develop confidence in using English. Workshops provide an opportunity to work on challenging projects involving critical thinking and problem solving. You will also have plenty of opportunities to practice English with Americans through weekly recreational events and conversation partnerships.
- You will participate in Drew sample classes, experience liberal arts lectures and seminars, engage in hands-on activities and tour our state-of-the-art facilities. Moreover, you’ll experience Drew’s unique New York City Semester programs at the United Nations and on Wall Street and go on fun and educational field trips to discover American culture and history.
Weekend trips will include*:
- New York City: A top tourist destination, NYC boasts many historical landmarks, world-renowned architecture and a diverse set cultural and culinary hot spots. You will visit sites like the Empire State Building, Central Park, the Metropolitan Museum of Art, Broadway and more.
- Philadelphia: Take a day trip to Philadelphia, home of the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall (where the Declaration of Independence and the US Constitution were signed) and many other sites important to American history.
- Shopping: New York and New Jersey are home to some of the best shopping in the world. Get lavish in NYC or save some money and get luxury brands for low prices with trips to local outlet malls like the Woodbury Commons.
- Madison, NJ: Explore the local scene in downtown Madison with cooking classes, a movie or a play at the Shakespeare Theatre, all just minutes from campus.
* Activities are subject to change
Sample day schedule for the Summer University Experience
Questions? Contact us at [email protected].