Graduate Pathway in Public Policy
Do you want to study for a graduate degree in the United States but need to improve English language skills or test scores? A Pathway program provides academic, language and cultural support in order to succeed at a US university. Students are guaranteed progression to a graduate degree program through curriculum consisting of credit-earning courses. We provide full integration with domestic and international students on campus from highly trained university instructors and tutors while giving you academic support throughout the program.
DEGREE CREDIT BREAKDOWN
- 36-39 credit hour program
- 9 credit hours apply from Pathway
- 27-30 credit hours remaining toward degree
- Introduction to Graduate Study I
- Interpersonal Communication for International Students or Advanced English for Academic Purposes
- Graduate Communication in Disciplines I
- Macroeconomic Policy in the Global Economy
- Introduction to Graduate Study II
- Graduate Communication in Disciplines II*
- Culture, Organization, and Technology** or Statistical Methods in Policy Analysis***
- Linguistics Capstone
*Graduate Communication in Disciplines II counts toward degree.
**Culture Organization, and Technology is very speaking and writing heavy so will require the student to take an extra language course in order to enroll in it.
***Statistical Methods in Policy Analysis requires the taking and passing of a statistics entrance exam to enroll in it.
As a graduate of a graduate degree program in Public Policy at George Mason University, you might find work as a:
- Political scientist
- Urban planner
- Research associate
This degree is based on our Arlington campus.