International Year One in Science
Equivalent to the first year of a Scottish degree, the International Year One in Science (previously called the International Foundation) leads you directly into year two of a number of specialist degrees from Biomedical Science to Pharmacology.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- equivalent to a first year Scottish undergraduate degree programme
- direct entry to the second year of undergraduate study
- full university status
There are three course options available:
- International Year One (3 terms) - this is the standard option
- Extended International Year One (4 terms) - this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
- 5-term International Year One (5 terms) - this option features two additional terms of English at the beginning for extra language support, with lower English language entry requirements
What is special about this programme?
The International Foundation programme prepares you for entry to year two of an undergraduate degree at Glasgow Caledonian University. This programme ensures that you meet the English language and academic entry requirements for second-year entry to Glasgow Caledonian University.
In Scotland, INTO academic preparation courses count directly towards your degree, meaning it is possible to graduate with an ordinary degree after just two further years of study following the International Year One course - a great opportunity to get a head start in your career.
You'll also benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- a conditional offer of a place on a relevant undergraduate degree at Glasgow Caledonian University
- multiple start dates
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Year One programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the International Year One programme in order to change your specialist subject.
This course is not available for UK or EU students.