International Year One in Business
Academic preparation for the second year of an undergraduate degree in subjects such as Accounting, Business Management, Economics, Finance, Management Studies and Marketing.
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a quality-assured university validated programme
- multiple start dates
There are two course options available:
- International Year One (3 terms) - this is the standard option
- Extended International Year One (4 or 5 terms) - this option features additional English language tuition at the beginning of the course
What is special about the programme?
The International Year One in Business focuses on developing your academic and undergraduate research skills, as well as improving your English language abilities, the programme covers everything you need in order to progress successfully to university.
Successful completion of the International Year One programme leads to an award which is recognised by leading universities, including the University of Aberdeen, ranked in the Top 150 universities worldwide (QS World University Rankings 2015–2016).
As well as a guaranteed university placement for successful students, you'll benefit from:
- wide university recognition offering a choice of progression options
- professional support and guidance with university applications
- university-style teaching with high contact hours
Classes on this programme introduce you to different aspects of accounting, business and management through active participation in seminars, lectures and writing reports. The modules will cover the core course content commonly found in the Year One Business School modules across INTO London’s affiliate network, preparing you for your studies at university.
You will have the chance to experience the application of business concepts to real-life business scenarios. Case studies are used to enhance your understanding of law, and you will have opportunities to visit the law courts to see the process in action.
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Year One programme provides academic preparation for second year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.