International Foundation in Science and Engineering
Prepare for life as a Science and Engineering student, with university-style teaching, supportive teachers, and use of university labs for practical learning.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- Guaranteed conditional progression to one of NCUK’s 16 universities (subject to meeting progression requirements).
- A quality-assured, NCUK accredited programme.
- Recognised by a wide range of other leading UK universities.
Course options available
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students.
- Headstart Foundation (3 terms) - this includes an additional two weeks of learning that introduces you to British culture and history.
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms)- this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support and English language entry requirements are typically lower.
What is special about this programme?
The International Foundation is designed to increase your English language skills, improve your study and research abilities, and develop your understanding of key academic subjects.
The programme covers everything you need in order to progress successfully to university. It offers:
- university-style teaching (for academic modules)
- English language classes taught in an interactive, inclusive classroom environment
- helpful and supportive teachers
- high contact hours and interactive teaching
You will receive advice and feedback from your teachers throughout your studies. Regular access to your teachers will help you plan for future study, and answer any questions to encourage academic success.
This programme provides a combination of university-style teaching, interactive classes and practical experience in laboratories.
You will have the unique opportunity of having access to the fully equipped science labs at university.
By gaining hands-on experience you will be able to put theory into practice to fully prepare you for undergraduate study.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country.
The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
Successful completion of this programme will allow you to apply for entry to NCUK and other universities in the UK.