International Foundation in Business and Humanities
This programme will prepare you for undergraduate business study at the UK's second largest business school, or for a highly respected humanities degree.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- A guaranteed conditional route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree at MMU (subject to meeting progression requirements).
- A quality-assured, NCUK accredited programme, recognised by MMU.
- Associate university status with access to many campus facilities.
Course options available
There are three options available for this course:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option, suitable for most students
- Headstart Foundation (3 terms) – this includes an additional two weeks of learning that introduces you to British culture and history
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support and English language entry requirements are typically lower
What is special about this programme?
The International Foundation is designed to increase your English language skills, improve your study and research skills, and develop your understanding of key academic subjects.
- university-style teaching (for academic modules)
- English language classes taught in an interactive, inclusive classroom environment
- helpful and supportive teachers
- high contact hours and interactive teaching
During lessons, you will have the opportunity to take part in both presentations and interactive group work.
You will have continuous assessment and weekly homework to help improve your exam skills and give you guidance on how to structure essays suitable for university study.
To give you an advantage in your studies, teachers use online resources to upload relevant articles and videos which you can read or watch in advance
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country.
The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.