Maintaining a tradition of excellence
One of the UK’s top universities and with a great reputation for excellent teaching and cutting-edge research, Newcastle University is a popular choice with students and employers alike.
Newcastle University is founding member of the Russell Group, a group of 24 of the UK’s most highly regarded research-intensive universities, and 23rd in the UK (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016). It’s also in the top 1% of universities in the world (QS World University Rankings 2015-16). Learn more about the University's rankings here.
Studying here means you’ll be joining more than 23,000 students from over 120 countries and a strong student community that will inspire and encourage your learning.
- Placed 6th for overall student satisfaction (National Student Survey 2014) and 7th for overall student experience (Times Higher Student Experience Survey 2016)
- 27 subjects ranked in the UK top 20 (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2016)
- Top 20 University for employability (The Complete University Guide 2016)
- One of only 20 triple accredited UK Business Schools
- 16th in the UK for research power (REF 2014)