International Foundation in Architecture
The International Foundation in Architecture is a design-led programme preparing you for your undergraduate degree in Architecture at Newcastle University.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a quality assured university programme
- full university student status and access to university facilities
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What's special about this programme?
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- multiple start dates
- the highest levels of personal care and support
- brand new architecture studio in the INTO Centre
The programme introduces you to an explorative and creative route into architecture. Key aspects of architecture such as space, materiality and aesthetic qualities are explored. You will expand your skills and knowledge on various projects and tasks, from two to three dimensions, sketching and drawing to constructing physical models. You will also learn how to research, analyse and present your work effectively thanks to your improved language and communication skills.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.