Study English and take classes at a leading American university
Through development of listening, speaking, reading, and writing; TOEFL preparation; and academic study skills, the program enables you to progress to academic degree programs.
Is Academic English right for me?
The Academic English program at INTO Oregon State University prepares international students, like you, for university study in the US. This academically rigorous program provides you with high-quality English language instruction and the academic skills to succeed at OSU through development of:
- Standardized test preparation
- Academic study skills
Program highlights include:
- Intensive English to prepare for university study
- Academic advising throughout the program
- Small classes of 18-20 students
- Highly-trained and experienced instructors
- Participation in the Conversant Program
What will I study?
- 7 levels of instruction
- Foundation preparation through level 2 combines both General English and Academic English students
- 18 hours per week of course work covering the core skills of reading, writing, listening and speaking (students in Levels 1 and 2 take 27 hours of lessons per week)
- Choice of electives at higher levels
Does this program lead to further study?
You may progress to a Pathway program or undergraduate direct admission to a university degree program after achieving the language level required and meeting all other requirements.