A short, intensive preparation course for students due to start their degree course in September
Pre-sessional English provides high quality Academic English lessons which prepare international students for academic study at Queen's University Belfast.
Why apply for this course?
The course will:
- improve your English language proficiency in the core skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, within a university context
- focus on subject-related work in your chosen area of study including a written project
- help you to study independently using our extensive online materials
What is special about the programme?
The Pre-sessional course allows you to have intensive English language preparation in a university environment. With highly experienced teachers, there is no better preparation for your next steps.The course will:
- provide contextual study skills that acclimatise you to the culture of a UK university
- enable you to adjust to the demands, challenges and expectations of UK higher education and culture
- provide you with a short period of time to adapt to living and studying in the UK prior to beginning your academic studies
Who should apply for the Pre-sessional English programme?
This 24-hour per week course is suitable for you if you are academically qualified, hold an offer from Queen's University Belfast, and need to improve your English language level before starting an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree at Queen's University Belfast. The Pre-sessional course runs from July to early September. Your course length will vary depending on your current language level and degree programme requirements.