A short, intensive preparation course for students due to start their degree course in September
Pre-sessional English provides high quality Academic English lessons which prepare international students for academic study at Queen's University Belfast.
Why apply for this course?
The course will:
- improve your English language proficiency in the core skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing, within a university context
- focus on subject-related work in your chosen area of study including a written project
- help you to study independently using our extensive online materials
What is special about the programme?
The Pre-sessional course allows you to have intensive English language preparation in a university environment. With highly experienced teachers, there is no better preparation for your next steps.The course will:
- provide contextual study skills that acclimatise you to the culture of a UK university
- enable you to adjust to the demands, challenges and expectations of UK higher education and culture
- provide you with a short period of time to adapt to living and studying in the UK prior to beginning your academic studies
Who should apply for the Pre-sessional English programme?
This 24-hour per week course is suitable for you if you are academically qualified, hold an offer from Queenâ€™s University Belfast, and need to improve your English language level before starting an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree at Queenâ€™s University Belfast. The Pre-sessional course runs from July to early September. Your course length will vary depending on your current language level and degree programme requirements.