International Summer School
Join us at INTO St George's, University of London's International Summer School in July 2016 for a unique insight into studying a medical-related discipline in the UK.
About this course
- Two-week programme that introduces you to life at a medical school.
- Offers a taste of the different careers available in Medicine and Health Sciences.
- Take part in lectures and practical skills lessons.
- Guidance on interview techniques and first-hand experience of selection Multi Mini Interviews (MMIs).
- Find out more about the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT).
- Visits to local and national attractions.
This programme is open to native and non-native English speakers. Students applying from outside a native English speaking country will need to provide proof of English level, IELTS 5.0 or equivalent.
The International Summer Programme provides an introduction to a broad range of medical subjects, including:
- an overview of medical training in the UK
- life as a medical student including a presentation by current students
- lab sessions
- radiography workshop
- physiotherapy workshop
- introduction to clinical practice
- introduction to surgery
- clinical communication
In addition, the programme will introduce you to the different teaching and learning styles adopted by medical institutions in the UK, as well as providing practical advice on applying to your chosen course. Programme sessions include:
- university-style lecture
- visit to Hunterian Museum within the Royal College of Surgeons
- problem Based Learning (PBL)
- information on the application process
- about UKCAT
- preparing for an interview