International Foundation in Engineering, Physical Sciences and Mathematics
Preparation for direct entry to year one of an undergraduate engineering, maths or physical sciences degree at the University of East Anglia.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- Guaranteed offer of a place on the first year of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- Full university status on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
- Professional support and guidance with university applications.
Course options available
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students.
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - this option incorporates an additional term of intensive English language tuition at the beginning of the course, and English language entry requirements are lower.
What is special about the programme?
The INTO University of East Anglia International Foundation programme combines academic study, intensive English language preparation, study skills and cultural orientation - all that you need for success at university.
- interactive seminars and university-standard laboratories
- many practical classes related to your pathway, such as weather forecasting, and designing and programming robots
- a 3-day residential field trip in your first term
You will receive support from your tutor on personal and academic issues, including advice on your studies and career plans.
We also have an International Progression team, who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia and arrange visits to your future school of study so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the International Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.