International Foundation in Mathematics and Actuarial Sciences
Preparation for direct entry to year one of an undergraduate degree in mathematics, actuarial science, finance and accounting, or economics at UEA.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- A guaranteed route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
Course options available
- International Foundation (3 terms) -this is the standard option, suitable for most students.
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - this option incorporates an additional term of intensive English language tuition at the beginning of the course, and English language entry requirements are lower.
What is special about the programme?
The INTO UEA International Foundation programme is designed to improve your academic theory, intensive English language skills, and study and research abilities to prepare for undergraduate study at the University of East Anglia.
- university-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- a campus-based programme with access to world-class university facilities
- degrees taught by expert academics, research scientists, and practising actuaries
- UEA's Actuarial Science degree provides exemption from the first eight professional examinations set by the Actuarial Profession
You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
We also have an International Progression team, who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia and arrange visits to your future school of study so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
Learn problem-solving and project planning and management skills and have the opportunity to put these into action through team projects, such as designing and programmming robots.
Through practical laboratory classes and a three day residential field trip you can put theory into practice by collecting and analysing your own data.
Benefit from carrying out your own independent research project with tutorial support, supervision and feedback on your
assignments throughout the programme.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the International Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.