International Foundation in Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences
Please note that this programme is called the International Foundation in Pharmacy, Biomedicine and Health for the January 2017 intake only.
Conduct experiments and practical sessions in our very own, fully equipped laboratories, providing the perfect preparation for a science or health sciences university degree.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- A guaranteed route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
Course options available
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students.
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - this option incorporates an additional term of intensive English language tuition at the beginning of the course, and English language entry requirements are lower.
What is special about the programme?
The INTO UEA International Foundation programme is designed to improve your academic theory, intensive English language skills, and study and research abilities to prepare for undergraduate study at the University of East Anglia.
- university-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- a campus-based programme with access to world-class university facilities
- interactive seminars and university-standard laboratories
- many practical classes related to your pathway, such as making aspirin and looking at disease control
- a 3-day residential field trip in your first term
You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
We also have an International Progression team, who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia and arrange visits to your future school of study so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
Interactive seminars, practical experience in laboratories, fieldwork and site visits give you plenty of hands-on experiences to bring science to life.
Practical classes on the Pharmacy, Health and Life Sciences pathway can include making aspirin, clinical chemistry, disease control and biotechnology.
A three day residential field trip gives you plenty of opportunity to work together putting theory into practice by
analysing real data you collect in river investigations and ecological studies.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme.
In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the International Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.