International Graduate Diploma in Business with Pre-sessional English
Prepare for your master's degree in business management, marketing and Human Resource Management at UEA.
You will develop your study skills, subject knowledge and English language in preparation for postgraduate study.
Why apply for the International Graduate Diploma programme?
- A route to a postgraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
- Professional help and support with your application to university.
We also offer the International Graduate Diploma in Business programme, which is suitable for students with a higher level of English.
Additional academic English
The International Graduate Diploma with Pre-sessional English lasts four terms in total. It incorporates a term of Academic English at the beginning of the course that can be studied on a single CAS.
This additional term of study will develop your English language and academic study skills, as well as your research skills for effective university study.
What is special about the programme?
The INTO UEA International Graduate Diploma is designed to improve your academic theory, intensive English language skills, and study and research abilities to prepare for postgraduate study at the University of East Anglia.
- university-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- a campus-based programme with access to world-class university facilities
- interactive lectures from experienced academic faculty and professionals from business industries
- the chance to improve your group leadership and presentation skills
- an introduction to research skills and full preparation for writing a postgraduate dissertation
You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
We also have an International Progression team who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia.
Interactive lectures from experienced academic faculty, as well as professionals from industry, will be followed by a seminar to discuss topics raised during the lectures.
Seminars follow a workshop style, where discussion and presentation are used to prepare you for postgraduate study. Seminars will debate, analyse and evaluate up-to-date business and economics topics led by academics and practitioners in the field.
Student-led workshops will also improve group leadership and presentation skills in preparation for your chosen career.
You will also benefit from an introduction to the application of research skills as preparation for postgraduate studies and dissertations.
Who should apply for the International Graduate Diploma programme?
The International Graduate Diploma is suitable for students who want to:
- be introduced to a subject so that you can study it at postgraduate level
- upgrade your qualifications if you have studied a 3-year diploma in a relevant subject
- increase or update your subject knowledge
- improve your English language study skills within the context of your chosen subject