International Year One in Business Management and Economics
An advanced programme offering direct entry to Year 2 of a business or economics degree at UEA.
Why apply for the International Year One programme?
- An offer of a place on the second year of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- Full university status on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
- Professional support and guidance with university applications.
Course options available
- International Year One (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students
- Extended International Year One (4 terms) - this option incorporates an additional term of intensive English language tuition at the beginning of the course, and English language entry requirements are lower
What is special about this programme?
The International Year One is equivalent to studying Year 1 of a UK undergraduate degree, and prepares you for direct entry to Year 2 of an undergraduate degree programme in business, finance and economics related subjects.
You will have the opportunity to increase your knowledge of academic theory, develop your study and research skills, and improve your language
skills for university success.
- a campus-based programme with access to university facilities
- study all the core modules of year 1 Business and Economics at UEA
- choose from over nine different Business or Economics degrees at UEA and progress to the second year
You will receive support from your tutor on personal and academic issues, including advice on your studies and career plans.
We also have an International Progression team, who will help with your application to the University of East Anglia and arrange visits to your future school of study so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
The International Year One is suitable for international students who have completed A-levels or a recognised International Foundation programme, or who are already in the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree in their home country, but do not meet the academic or English language requirements for direct entry to the University of East Anglia.