International Year One in Psychology
High quality preparation for entry to the second year of a bachelor's degree in the School of Psychology at the University of East Anglia.
Equivalent to the first year of the degree programme, you will have all lectures alongside UEA first year students, and most of your seminar classes in the INTO UEA Study Centre.
Why apply for the International Year One programme?
- A route to Year 2 of an undergraduate degree at UEA (subject to meeting the specified entry requirements).
- You are a student of the University from day one, on a quality-assured, UEA-validated programme.
- Professional help and support with your application to university.
What is special about this programme?
The INTO UEA International Year One programme is designed to improve your academic theory, intensive English language skills, and study and research abilities to prepare for undergraduate study at the University of East Anglia.
- state-of-the-art laboratory facilities, including a fully-immersive virtual reality suite, electroecncephalography (EEG), and eye-tracking and motion tracking equipment
- conference trips and entrepreneurial training
- work experience opportunities, including an optional year abroad
- 95% of UEA School of Psychology students go on to work or further study within 6 months of graduation (Unistats 2015)
All lectures are taught alongside current University of East Anglia students.
You will also benefit from international seminar groups as well as additional English language and study skills support taught at the INTO UEA Study Centre.
You will receive advice and feedback during seminars and tutorials. Regular one-to-one meetings with your personal tutor will help you plan for future effective study, and answer any questions to ensure your academic success.
You will attend all lectures for your Psychology modules at UEA alongside current first year students. The majority of the seminars and workshops, including language and study skills support, will be taught and assessed at INTO UEA.
You will encounter a wide variety of topics, from child development to linking the study of the individual to society, and develop your psychological knowledge.
You will have access to state-of-the-art laboratory facilities at UEA including a virtual
reality suite, eye-tracking equipment and a vision and action lab.
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
The International Year One is suitable for international students who have completed A-levels or equivalent, or a recognised International Foundation programme, or who are already in the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree in their home country, but do not meet the academic or English language requirements for direct entry to the University of East Anglia.