An intensive English course for students starting a undergraduate or postgraduate degree at UEA in September
Academically qualified students who have already been accepted into a University undergraduate or postgraduate course can use this course to improve their English quickly.
What is special about this programme?
We offer tailor-made Pre-sessional courses in areas such as Law, Computing, Science, Economics, Business and Research - few universities in the UK provide advantage.
- Teaching tailored to the requirements of your study at the University of East Anglia.
- Learning with students studying the same, or very similar subjects, at university.
- Studying content-specific vocabulary, grammar, style and structure.
- Attending lectures from content specialists, on topics relevant to your future studies.
- Reading texts whose topic, level and length relates to your future studies.
- Writing assignments and exams that reflect the University of East Anglia requirements.
- Practise speaking in situations and on topics related to your future studies.
Who should apply for the Pre-sessional English programme?
This 20-hour-per-week course is suitable for you if you are academically qualified, hold an offer from the University of East Anglia, and want to improve your English language before starting an undergraduate or postgraduate course in September.
Your course length will depend on your current language level and degree programme requirements.
While IELTS exams provide a good indication of your general English level, they do not include assessment of specific academic, degree-level study skills. The four-week Pre-sessional English course will develop these skills, giving you confidence in reading, writing, speaking and listening at university level.