What will I study?
You will initially focus on developing core English language skills, developing your knowledge and confidence in reading, writing, listening, speaking and pronunciation, grammar and vocabulary.
After developing your core skills, you will focus on skills relevant to your study, including teamwork, problem solving, critical thinking and time management.
- Language Development
- Academic Speaking and Listening
- Academic Writing
- Academic Reading and Study Skills
Depending on your level of English, you will spend more hours each week on different modules.
At the end of each term, your skills and language will be assessed to give a clear indication of your progress. Methods of assessment may include:
- written assignments
- research projects
- reading, writing and listening examinations
Where will it take me?
As part of the course, you will receive independent advice and guidance to support your university selection and the process of applying to a UK university.
As long as you have met the academic requirements for your chosen degree programme, successful completion of the course offers:
- direct entry to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree programme at the University of Exeter or another UK university without the need for an external IELTS exam
- Assured progression to the International Foundation or International Diploma or Graduate Diploma programme, subject to meeting Tier 4 student visa requirements, without an IELTS exam.
Enhanced English for University Study
What will I study?
This programme provides an extra 10 learning hours per week to the 20 contact hours on the standard English for University Study course. You will expand on core language skills and vocabulary, and practice what you have learned in class, benefitting from additional face-to-face contact hours and online learning to encourage engagement and communication in English.