International Foundation in Biomedical, Life and Environmental Sciences
A quality assured course offering direct entry to the first year of your bachelor's degree at a leading university.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- multiple start dates
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What is special about the programme?
The Foundation leads to the award of the Foundation Certificate and combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree.
As well as a guaranteed offer from the University of Exeter for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at the University of Exeter
- the highest levels of personal care and support
You'll receive support from your tutor on personal and academic issues, including advice on your studies. The International Liaison Office will help with your application to the University of Exeter and arrange visits to your academic college, so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
You will benefit from science modules taught within our own modern laboratory
in the INTO Centre, allowing you to carry out practical work and conduct experiments. Lessons include small group activities and giving presentations, and encourage
you to question what you are taught. We have strong links with undergraduate courses across all three of the University’s campuses, and arrange visits to appropriate departments at the University throughout the year.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.