International Foundation in Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physical Sciences
Offering direct entry into the first year of a university degree in a range of subjects such as engineering, mathematics, applied geology, renewable energy and physics.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a campus based programme with access to university facilities
- multiple start dates
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What is special about the programme?
The Foundation leads to the award of the Foundation Certificate and combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree
As well as a guaranteed offer from the University of Exeter for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at the University of Exeter
- the highest levels of personal care and support
You'll receive support from your tutor on personal and academic issues, including advice on your studies. The International Liaison Office will help with your application to the University of Exeter and arrange visits to your academic college, so that you can learn more about your chosen degree programme.
You will benefit from use of the University’s workshop facilities, such as tensile testing and the electronic labs, for practical work. Some modules are also taught in INTO’s own laboratories. Day trips are also organised to see engineering in action, with recent trips including a guided tour of Bloodhound SSC, and a Formula Student event at Silverstone race track.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.