The Modular Foundation is a short programme for those who wish to experience life as an international student at the University of Exeter where you will improve your study skills and knowledge in a subject related to your academic interests.
Why apply for the Modular Foundation programme?
- University-style teaching with high contact hours and small class sizes
- A campus-based programme with access to university facilities including the Library, Sports Park, student societies and support services
- Regular assessment to monitor your progress
What is the Modular Foundation?
The Modular Foundation combines academic study, intensive English language preparation, study skills and a chance to immerse yourself in the local culture. It is ideal for students on a gap year who wish to experience university life in another country.
The programme gives you the opportunity to:
- Improve your language, study and research skills in preparation for undergraduate study
- Increase your knowledge of academic theory and content
- Study for one or two semesters
- Attend classes with students on the International Foundation programme
- Have full university status
About 40% of classes focus on the subject-based modules that relate directly to your pathway. The remainder consists of tuition in academic English and study skills.
Who should apply for the Modular Foundation?
The course is ideal for students looking to experience life in the UK and improve their English while studying a relevant subject. You'll have the option to study just one or two terms, giving you experience and valuable study skills.