Pre-sessional English for Graduate Diploma
Academic English to prepare you for university study in the UK.
The Pre-sessional English course provides intensive preparation in academic English for students who are academically qualified, intend to start a Graduate Diploma at the University of Exeter in September and need to improve their English language level before starting.
Why apply for this course?
This course is designed to:
- Improve your core English language skills, within a university context, before continuing onto the Graduate Diploma.
- Benefit from an additional term of study to adapt to university-style teaching, ensuring that you are fully prepared to start your academic programme
- Receive a combined CAS for the duration of the Pre-sessional and Graduate Diploma programme.
What is special about the programme?
The Pre-sessional course gives you intensive English language and study skills preparation in a university environment. It will:
- provide contextualised study skills, that help you to adjust to the culture of a UK university
- enable you to understand the demands, challenges and expectations of UK higher education
- give you the opportunity to explore the English language and study skills required in your chosen subject area
- help you to create a network of friends who will go with you into the same college at university
- provide you with time to adapt to living and studying in the UK, before beginning your academic studies
- allow you to familiarise yourself with the University's facilities and services
Who should apply for the Pre-sessional English programme?
This course is suitable for you if you are academically qualified, hold an offer from the University of Exeter, and need to improve your English language level before starting a Graduate Diploma at the University. The Pre-sessional course runs for 10 weeks, starting in June and October.