International Foundation in Art, Design and Media
Your first step to studying a degree in areas such as media, advertising, computer games design, graphic design, landscape architecture, popular music and more.
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a quality-assured university programme
- a campus-based programme with access to university facilities
- university-style teaching with high contact hours
There are two course options available:
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What's special about this course?
The International Foundation in Art, Media and Design combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree in the UK.
As well as a conditional offer from the University of Gloucestershire for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- full university status
- multiple start dates
- professional support and guidance with university applications
- the highest levels of personal care and support
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at the University of Gloucestershire
During your programme you will learn to experiment with different materials and media, as well as develop your presentation and organisational skills. Classes are small, helping you build confidence and develop teamwork skills. They also include interaction with staff and undergraduate students to give you insight into university-style teaching. Our staff are focused on helping you select and progress to your chosen degree subject. You will have access to the Media Centre, art, design and fashion studios and the Centre for Art and Photography when you progress to your degree.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.