International Foundation in Business, Hospitality and Tourism
Your first step to studying a degree in areas such as media, advertising, computer games design, graphic design, landscape architecture, popular music and more.
There are three course options available:
- Accelerated International Foundation (2 terms) – a fast-track option saving you time and money
- International Foundation (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What's special about this programme?
The International Foundation in Business, Hospitality and Tourism combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the first year of a university degree in the UK.
As well as a conditional offer from the University of Gloucestershire for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a quality-assured university programme
- a conditional offer of a place on the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree at the University of Gloucestershire
- a campus-based programme with access to university facilities
- professional support and guidance with university applications
- multiple start dates
- the highest levels of personal care and support
Study visits including attending a session at the Law Court, evaluating Cheltenham’s festival events, or visiting local businesses, play an important role in your learning. During your programme classes will include both group and individual to help increase your confidence and develop team-building skills. You will contribute to group presentations which are recorded for later reflection on your performance. Classes include interaction with staff and undergraduate students to give you insight into university-style teaching.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
If you have completed secondary school education in your home country, the International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme. In some circumstances you may be able to enrol on the Foundation programme in order to change your specialist subject.