College Year Abroad
Improve your English at the University of South Florida
A long-term intensive English program for students who want to improve their English language skills while living at an American university
Is the College Year Abroad program right for me?
The College Year Abroad: The American University Experience program is a long-term General English program for students who want to fully experience the American university. College Year Abroad students spend three to six months living on campus with access to all the university resources and facilities including:
- Access to USF's recreation center and on-campus gym facility
- Access to USF's library
- Participation in USF clubs and activities
- Free tickets to USF athletic events
- Access to the Student Health Services and other student resources on campus
In addition, many College Year Abroad and General English students who choose shared on-campus housing are placed with American roommates, further enhancing their study abroad experience in America.
With American roommates and conversation groups/social programs organized by INTO USF, students are more likely to have a successful experience integrating to the campus community and American lifestyle.
What will I study?
The aim of the program is to provide high quality English instruction, helping you develop all aspects of your English ability. As a part of the program, you will develop skills and confidence in:
- Social English
- American culture
- Presentation skills
- All levels of instruction (beginner, intermediate, high-intermediate and advanced)
- 18 hours of classes per week covering the following core skills: listening, speaking, reading, grammer and writing (Fall and Spring)
- 3 hours of interest groups per week
- 3-7 hours of outside cultural activities per week