International Foundation in Media, Humanities and Social Sciences
Progression to year two* of a wide range of degrees in subjects including film, journalism, politics, sociology, psychology and sport studies
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- direct entry to year two of an undergraduate degree
- a campus-based programme with access to university facilities
There are two course options:
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What's special about this course?
This programme ensures that you meet the English language and academic entry requirements for year two entry to the University of Stirling and other Scottish universities.*
As well as a guaranteed offer from the University of Stirling for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you''ll benefit from:
- a quality-assured university programme
- full university status
- a conditional offer of a place on an undergraduate degree at the University of Stirling
- high contact hours and small class sizes
- the highest levels of pastoral care and support
What's the difference between the 3 and 4 term course?
Lasting four terms, the Extended International Foundation course has an additional term of intensive English at the beginning and will typically have a lower English language entry requirement.
*The International Foundation also offers progression to year one of an undergraduate degree at some Scottish universities. For more details please contact the INTO Admissions Office.