International Foundation in Science and Engineering
Gain invaluable practical experience through placement years and strong links with industry for science and engineering degrees.
It includes access to Manchester Metropolitan University facilities for the best possible start to your higher education experience.
Why apply for the International Foundation programme?
- A guaranteed conditional route to Year 1 of an undergraduate degree at MMU (subject to meeting progression requirements).
- A quality-assured, NCUK accredited programme, recognised by MMU.
- Associate university status with access to many campus facilities.
Course options available
There are three options available for this course:
- International Foundation (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students
- Headstart Foundation (3 terms) - this includes an additional two weeks of learning that introduces you to British culture and history
- Extended International Foundation (4 terms) - this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support and English language entry requirements are typically lower
What is special about this programme?
The International Foundation is designed to increase your English language skills, improve your study and research skills, and develop your understanding of key academic subjects.
- University-style teaching (for academic modules)
- English language classes taught in an interactive, inclusive classroom environment
- Helpful and supportive teachers
- High contact hours and interactive teaching
You'll receive advice and feedback from your teachers throughout your studies. Regular access to your teachers will help you plan for future study, and answer any questions to encourage academic success.
This programme provides a combination of university-style lectures, interactive seminars and practical experience in laboratories.
During your Foundation year you will have the unique opportunity of having access to the fully equipped science labs at Manchester Metropolitan University.
By gaining hands-on experience you will be able to put theory into practice to fully prepare you for undergraduate study.
Who should apply for the International Foundation programme?
You should apply for this course if you have completed secondary school education in your home country.
The International Foundation programme provides academic preparation for first year entry and ensures that you meet the minimum English language requirement for entry to your chosen undergraduate degree programme at Manchester Metropolitan University.
Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.