International Year One in Accounting and Finance
Progress to an undergraduate pathway, including degrees exempt from ACCA, ICAEW and CIMA requiring fewer professional exams once you graduate.
Why apply for the International Year One programme?
- A route to Year 2 of an undergraduate degree at MMU (subject to meeting progression requirements).
- A quality-assured, NCUK accredited programme, recognised by MMU.
- Associate university status with access to many campus facilities.
Course options available
There are two options available for this course:
- International Year One (3 terms) - this is the standard option, suitable for most students
- Extended International Year One (4 terms) - this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support and English language entry requirements are typically lower
What is special about this programme?
The International Year One will focusing on developing your academic and undergraduate research skills, as well as improving your English language abilities.
The programme covers everything you need in order to progress successfully to the MMU.
- university-style teaching (for academic modules)
- English language classes taught in an interactive, inclusive classroom environment
- helpful and supportive teachers
- high contact hours and interactive teaching
You will receive advice and feedback from your teachers throughout your studies. Regular access to your teachers will help you plan for future study, and answer any questions to encourage academic success
You will have continuous assessment and weekly homework to help improve your exam skills and give you guidance on how to structure essays suitable for university study.
To give you an advantage in your studies, teachers use online resources to upload relevant articles and videos which you can read or watch in advance.
For the Accounting and Finance stream, you will explore theories and their practical applications using real-world case studies. Group exercises will help you understand business scenarios from different perspectives and supportive tutorials will you ensure you are prepared for Year 2 of your degree.
For the Business stream, you to explore theories and their practical applications using real-world case studies.
You will independently research and present subjects which you will discuss during seminars helping improve your presentation skills.
Throughout your programme teachers will ensure you are aware of the latest in business and current affairs. You will also benefit from supportive tutorials giving you practical advice on study skills and exam techniques to ensure you are prepared for Year 2 of your degree, whatever the subject.
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
The International Year One is suitable for international students who have completed A-levels or a recognised International Foundation programme, or who are already in the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree in their home country, but do not meet the academic or English language requirements for direct entry to Manchester Metropolitan University.
Successful completion of this programme will also allow you to apply for entry to other universities in the UK.
This programme will help you enhance your subject knowledge and English language proficiency, develop necessary study and research skills, and adjust to the demands, challenges and expectations of UK higher education.