International Year One in Business and Management
Direct entry to the second year of a degree in areas such as business management, marketing, advertising and branding.
- guaranteed university placement for all successful students
- a quality-assured university programme
- full university status
There are two course options available:
- International Year One (3 terms) – this is the standard option
- Extended International Year One (4 terms) – this option features an additional term of English at the beginning for extra language support
What's special about this programme?
The International Year One in Business and Management combines academic study, intensive English language teaching and study skills to prepare you for entry into the second year of a university degree in the UK.
As well as a guaranteed offer from the University of Gloucestershire for successful students and full access to all the university facilities you'll benefit from:
- a conditional offer of a place on the second year of a relevant undergraduate degree at the University of Gloucestershire
- professional support and guidance with university applications
- the highest levels of personal care and support
- a campus-based programme with access to university facilities
Throughout the programme you may be invited to attend events within the Business School including visits from guest speakers, giving you the opportunity to interact with students at the University and experience university-style lectures. Different online teaching methods and resources are used, including a combination of live teaching and a virtual classroom. All modules have additional podcast and screencast material within our virtual learning environment, Moodle.
Who should apply for the International Year One programme?
The International Year One is suitable for international students who have completed A-levels or a recognised International Foundation programme, or who are already in the first year of a relevant undergraduate degree in their home country, but do not meet the academic or English language requirements for direct entry to the University of Gloucestershire. The additional January start date will also appeal to students who are unable to apply for the traditional September start date for university study
How is the programme validated?
The programme is validated and quality assured by the University of Gloucestershire. Successful completion of the International Year One programme leads to the award of Certificate of Higher Education (National Qualification Framework Level 4). The International Year One is therefore a first step towards obtaining a recognised undergraduate qualification.