Dedicated support and guidance
You’ll receive all the attention you need from your teachers for the very best education. Our teachers are knowledgeable and passionate about their subjects, and are available at any time to answer questions and help you meet your goals.
With the help of great teaching and modern facilities, you’ll be able to get the most out of your studies.
At the beginning of your course you will be told who your Personal Tutor is, and you will meet them in your first week.
Your Personal Tutor will:
- meet with you for tutorials throughout the year
- help you to settle into the academic community
- communicate your academic progress and provide you with guidance
- be available to meet during set office/tutorial hours or by appointment
- refer you to appropriate sources of academic and/or welfare support when required
Student Services CoordinatorRead Arianna's story
Why is your role important for students?
I am based at the Welcome Desk and my job is to help students with anything they might need throughout their studies. My colleagues and I will ensure that you settle in easily to your life in London. We can help you with many things, from registering with a doctor to opening a bank account and we are the first point of contact throughout your studies.
Have you ever studied abroad?
I graduated in Interpreting and Translation in Milan, Italy. I did a year abroad in the UK and I am so pleased I had the opportunity, as it has been one of the highlights of my degree. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to continue working in London!
Language and other support
Language advisers are available in the Centre to help students with a low level of English to communicate.
There is also a Chinese Language Support Officer (CLSO) who is dedicated to providing language support to Chinese students.
Other support on offer includes:
- extra support classes in Maths are provided as a Drop-In Clinic where you will be able to review questions and examples
- a weekly helpdesk session where you can ask questions and get academic support following lectures and seminars
- online support
- revision sessions
- one-to-one teaching (at an additional cost)