Glasgow Caledonian University: engage with the world
GCU is an institution immersed in industry and the professions, with a wealth of career-focused programmes and facilities designed to develop your skills and meet your future career goals. Bridging the gap between learning in a classroom and receiving valuable industry experience, GCU students engage with their education – will you join them?
Why choose Glasgow Caledonian University?
- Specialist, accredited programmes – GCU has a unique and contemporary degree offering with programme accreditations from professional bodies across a wide variety of subject areas
- Industry experience opportunities – work placements are offered on 72% of undergraduate degrees, giving you the opportunity to interact with industry-leading companies during your degree programme
- Innovative facilities – designed to help you gain the skills that employers want, GCU has a modern learning environment filled with cutting-edge facilities
What are my course options at INTO GCU?
INTO GCU courses will prepare you for studying at Glasgow Caledonian University, helping you to improve your English language skills, adjust to the Scottish education system and learn more about your chosen academic subject.
Popular courses at INTO Glasgow Caledonian University:
- Computing – gain the skills for computer programming, developing web platforms and testing software solutions, before progressing to Year 2 of a four-year undergraduate degree in computing.
- Engineering – benefit from practical classes in GCU's engineering labs, studying the same subjects as first year students at the University before you progress to Year 2 of a four-year undergraduate degree in engineering.
- Science – progress to a unique undergraduate degree at GCU's School of Health and Life Sciences, such as Optometry.
- Business and Management (undergraduate) – progress to Year 3 of a four-year undergraduate degree at GCU.
- Business and Management (postgraduate) – progress to a postgraduate degree at GCU or GCU London.
You are guaranteed progression to Glasgow Caledonian University if you successfully complete your INTO programme and meet the requirements of your chosen degree. We offer the following courses:
- International Foundation
- International Diploma
- Undergraduate Degree with International Year One
- Undergraduate Degree with International Year Two
- Graduate Diploma
- Postgraduate Degree with Graduate Diploma
- English Language Courses
Where will I study at the University?
You will study on GCU’s fantastic city centre campus in Glasgow. Initially based at the INTO Centre during your INTO course, you will benefit from the University’s innovative facilities and modern learning environment.Explore the INTO centre
What's life like in Glasgow for students?
Glasgow is the largest city in Scotland and one of the UK’s major cities for commerce, education and the arts. This thriving city offers a low living cost, a safe and welcoming community, and limitless opportunities for students, including:
- close proximity to international businesses leading the way using the latest technologies, such as J.P. Morgan and Ernst and Young
- the largest entertainment venue in Scotland – The SSE Hydro – that hosts live music from the world’s most popular bands
- food from all over the world in its many international restaurants and supermarkets, from Chinese, Japanese and Thai to Indian and African
From uncertainty to student presidency: Hisham’s story
Read more >
How will INTO GCU support me?
INTO GCU will support you as soon as you arrive, to the moment you leave. Our Student Services team will help you settle into Glasgow, offering the following services:
- international orientation to tour campus and meet other students
- expert help and advice on renewing your visa
- help opening a bank account and registering with a local doctor
- counselling services if you would like to talk to someone
- extra support for students under the age of 18
Where will I live at Glasgow Caledonian University?
You will have a choice of accommodation options, most of which are located very close to campus. The most popular living options include:
- Liberty Park – modern flats just a 5-minute walk from the INTO Centre, comprising a private bedroom with en suite bathroom, a communal kitchen and living area, laundry facilities and a games room
- Caledonian Court – safe and friendly accommodation located across the road from campus, with private bedrooms and communal kitchens