Small class sizes mean more time for you
Modern classrooms provide an interactive experience
Academic DirectorRead teacher's story
We are proud of the learning environment here. Students and staff work together and have fun together to raise English language skills and master academic content to the level students need to guarantee progression to their chosen pathway in GCU.
That over 95% of our students would recommend the INTO GCU experience to others makes us confident that anyone choosing INTO GCU will both benefit from, and enjoy, their time with us.
At the beginning of your course you will be told who your Personal Tutor is, and you will meet them in your first week.
Your Personal Tutor will:
- meet with you for tutorials throughout the year
- help you to settle into the academic community
- communicate your academic progress and provide you with guidance
- be available to meet during set office/tutorial hours or by appointment
- refer you to appropriate sources of academic and/or welfare support when required
Language and other support
Language advisers are available in the Centre to help students with a low level of English to communicate.
There is also a Chinese Language Support Officer (CLSO) who is dedicated to providing language support to Chinese students.
Other support on offer includes:
- extra one-to-one and small group academic lessons
- a weekly helpdesk session where you can ask questions and get academic support following lectures and seminars
- online support
- revision sessions
- one-to-one teaching (at an additional cost)