Queen’s University Belfast: an affordable, top-ranked education
Get ready to start something amazing at Queen’s University Belfast – one of the UK’s leading universities, with the lowest cost of living for students. Known for its history, research and world-class education, Queen’s is based in the exciting capital city of Belfast – an incredible place to live, learn and grow.
Why choose Queen’s University Belfast?
- Russell Group status – this prestigious University has been recognised as one of the UK’s 24 elite research-intensive institutions
- Cutting edge facilities – Queen’s is currently undergoing a £700 million development, spending £350 million on improving facilities so far
- Cost-effective learning – generous scholarships are available for international students, and Belfast is one of the UK’s most affordable student cities
What are my course options?
Every course at INTO Queen’s University Belfast is designed to prepare you to study at Queen’s University Belfast. We’ll help you improve your language skills, and give you everything you need to progress to your chosen degree.
Popular courses at INTO Queen’s University Belfast:
- Architecture – learn from an experienced architect and progress to Year 1 of a professionally accredited undergraduate degree.
- Engineering – progress to Year 2 of an undergraduate degree in your choice of Engineering specialities at the Queen’s Faculty of Engineering and Physical Sciences.
- Finance – prepare for a postgraduate degree at Queen’s, including one of the UK’s top 10 Accounting and Finance courses (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019).
- Business, Humanities and Social Sciences – progress to your choice of a wide variety of undergraduate degrees, from Film Production to Law or Business Management.
- Accounting – prepare for a degree at Queen’s Management School, one of the top business schools in the UK and Ireland.
You are guaranteed progression to Queen’s University Belfast, provided you successfully complete your INTO course and meet the progression requirements for your chosen degree. We offer the following pathways to help you get there:
- International Foundation
- International Year One
- Undergraduate Degree with International Year One
- Graduate Diploma
- English Language Courses
Where will I study my preparation course?
During your INTO programme, you’ll study at the INTO Queen’s Study Centre – located on the University’s inspiring campus. You’ll benefit from excellent facilities, a dedicated support team and university-style teaching to prepare you for university.Explore the INTO centre
What’s life like in Belfast for students?
Queen’s University is based in Belfast – a modern capital city known for its friendly locals, historic culture and buzzing social scene. Belfast is safe, compact and easy to explore – so it’s perfect for international students. You can take advantage of:
- A variety of attractions and landmarks, including the Titanic Museum, Belfast City Hall and the Giant’s Causeway
- Botanic Avenue, where you’ll find excellent restaurants serving tasty food from every corner of the globe
- Global businesses with excellent career opportunities, such as Bombardier Inc., Almac and PricewaterhouseCoopers
From Saudi Arabia to Belfast: my first month abroad
Read more >
How will INTO Queen’s support me?
As soon as you arrive at INTO Queen’s, our friendly support staff will be on-hand to help you adjust to life in Belfast. Our services include:
- a social induction week where you’ll get to know your classmates
- help registering with a bank, doctor and dentist
- one-on-one support from the University’s Progression Officer
- a 24-hour emergency telephone number
Where will I live at Queen’s University Belfast?
You will have a choice of living options at INTO Queen’s, each located within easy reach of the Study Centre:
- Elms BT9 – a modern, village-style residence with an ensuite bathroom and shared kitchen facilities.
- Willow Walk – a private double bedroom where you’ll share a kitchen and bathroom with other students.