High levels of individual attention
Your teachers are all experts in their field
Many of INTO UEA's teachers have a master's or PhD
University-style teaching will help you succeed
Advanced learning tools, including interactive whiteboards
Your teachers understand the challenges of studying in a new environment
Programme Manager – English for University Study and Pre-sessional EnglishRead teacher's story
"I have been involved in the English for University Study programme and Pre-sessional English programme for nearly ten years. We have a fantastic teaching team here who are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals."
At the beginning of your course you will be told who your Personal Tutor is, and you will meet them in your first week.
Your Personal Tutor will:
- meet with you for tutorials throughout the year
- help you to settle into the academic community
- communicate your academic progress and provide you with guidance
- be available to meet during set office/tutorial hours or by appointment
- refer you to appropriate sources of academic and/or welfare support when required
Language and other support
Language advisers are available in the Centre to help students with a low level of English to communicate.
There is also a Chinese Language Support Officer (CLSO) who is dedicated to providing language support to Chinese students.
Other support on offer includes:
- extra support classes in Maths are provided as a Drop-In Clinic where you will be able to review questions and examples
- a weekly helpdesk session where you can ask questions and get academic support following lectures and seminars
- online support
- revision sessions
- one-to-one teaching (at an additional cost)
Programme Manager - International Foundation Business and HumanitiesRead teacher's story
- MA TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language)
- PGCE in Secondary School Teaching
- DIP TEFLA (Teaching English as a Foreign Language to Adults)
"Having worked as a teacher in many countries, I (and my team) understand well the difficulties overseas students face in meeting the academic and other challenges here. We can help, and enjoy doing so, with any problem, large or small."