The University of Exeter: making the exceptional happen
Exeter has an international reputation for outstanding teaching, research and graduate employability prospects. This prestigious institution consistently features among the world’s finest universities in global rankings – as well as dominating the UK rankings – making it one of the best choices for a first-class education in the UK.
Why choose the University of Exeter?
- Excellent reputation for many subjects – the University of Exeter has 29 subjects in the UK top 10 (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2019)
- Prioritising your employability – benefit from outstanding careers services, careers workshops and innovative employability initiatives such as the Exeter Award
- A truly international university – you will join a diverse community of more than 22,500 students from 130 countries
What are my course options?
INTO University of Exeter courses are designed to prepare you for studying at the University of Exeter, helping you to improve your English language skills and get the grades you need for acceptance onto a degree.
Popular courses at INTO University of Exeter:
- Accounting and Finance, and Management – a 6-month course that is a quicker route to an undergraduate degree at the University’s triple accredited Business School.
- Engineering, Mathematics, Computer Science and Physical Sciences – summer placements or a year in industry are available on all undergraduate engineering degrees at the University once you progress.
- Management and Business Economics – progress to Year 2 of a three-year undergraduate degree in business.
- Psychology – progress to Year 2 of a three-year undergraduate degree in psychology, accredited by the BPS.
- Management – prepare for a postgraduate degree in management, marketing or business, including an MBA option.
You are guaranteed progression to the University of Exeter, provided you successfully complete your INTO course and meet the requirements for progression to your degree. We offer the following pathways to help get you there:
Where will I study?
You will study at the INTO Centre on the Streatham Campus during your INTO programme. You'll benefit from a central location on campus, university-style teaching and great facilities to prepare you for degree study.Explore the INTO centre
What's life like in Exeter?
The University of Exeter is located in the historic city of Exeter in the UK. There is a large student population here, as well as a friendly local community and lots of fun things to do, making this energetic riverside city ideal for student life. You'll be able to take advantage of:
- restaurants offering a variety of international foods, from Chinese, Japanese and Thai to Indian, Mexican and Italian
- unique multi-cultural festivals that celebrate international food, live music, theatre, the arts and more
- a gothic cathedral, Roman ruins and cobbled streets said to be the inspiration for Harry Potter’s Diagon Alley
Women in STEM: Deema's coding bootcamp for girls
Read More >
How will you support me?
From the moment you arrive, the Student Services team in the INTO Centre will help you find your way around and adjust to life in Exeter. Services include:
- an optional pick-up service from the airport
- a Welcome Week to introduce you to your classmates
- help opening a bank account and registering with a doctor
- extra support for students under the age of 18
- a 24-hour telephone helpline for out-of-hours questions
Where will I live?
You will have a choice of living options at INTO University of Exeter, located on the University’s Streatham Campus:
- INTO accommodation – a private single bedroom with access to either shared or private kitchen facilities and shower facilities, depending on the type of accommodation you choose
- Homestay – a private bedroom in a local host’s home in Exeter