Is Exeter a good choice for international students?
Part of the UK’s elite Russell Group of research-intensive universities, Exeter is globally recognised as a prestigious higher education institution of outstanding quality. With a diverse student community and a commitment to delivering an internationally excellent teaching and learning environment, students at Exeter graduate with the confidence to take on the world – and you could too.
How do I know I'll receive a world-class education?
With 23 subjects in the UK top 10 (The Times and The Sunday Times Good University Guide 2020), you are guaranteed a top education here. The University has been awarded TEF Gold for teaching quality (Teaching Excellence Framework 2017), which means that you’ll learn with experts at the forefront of their fields.
The University’s academic staff also carry out life-changing research – 98% of which is world-leading or internationally-recognised (Research Excellence Framework 2014) – so your teaching will be informed by research into global issues.
The Business School is triple accredited by the three largest and most influential business school accreditation organisations worldwide (held by less than 100 schools globally!):
- EFMD Quality Improvement System (EQUIS)
- The Association of MBAs (AMBA)
- The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB)
How will the University boost my employability prospects?
Your graduate employability is the University’s priority, so you will receive help in gaining the skills you need to compete in the demanding international job market. You will benefit from:
- industrial work experience option on 64% of undergraduate progression degrees across the University's six schools, with 100% of undergraduate progression degrees at the Business School offering an option with a work placement
- a range of employability initiatives, such as the preparatory ‘China Career Ready Programme’
- careers workshops and guidance from the Career Zone during your studies and after graduation
- the Exeter Award – helping you to develop professional skills and receive vital workplace experience
The University is one of the top 15 higher education institutions targeted by the largest number of top employers (High Fliers Research 2016/17) – working with more than 9,000 international and national employers. Its award-winning careers programmes are recognised as outstanding student services, such as:
- work placements or a year abroad
- social enterprise support
- student entrepreneurship
Exeter's unique approach to teaching and ambitious course content has helped recent graduates secure jobs at global companies such as Amazon, BAE Systems, GlaxoSmithKline, Goldman Sachs, IBM, JP Morgan, Pfizer and PwC.
Will I fit into the student community on campus?
With more than 22,500 students from 130 different countries, Exeter is a truly international university. The University’s campuses offer a safe, convenient and diverse community where you will find a warm welcome and a lot going on.
The Streatham Campus, where you will initially be based during your INTO programme, is considered one of the most beautiful in the UK, with gardens, lakes and parkland throughout. The historic city of Exeter is just a 15-minute walk from campus, so you can easily enjoy the restaurants, shops and cultural activities on offer.