This course will provide you with short and intensive preparation in academic English. It's suitable for you if you're already academically qualified and are due to start an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at the University of Gloucestershire in September or January.
You can also find out more about this course on our summary flyer.
Students with offers for the 10 week course may be eligible for a joint CAS, which allows them to apply for a visa to cover both the Pre-sessional course and subsequent degree. To be considered for this, students must achieve the following English language requirements:
- 20 hour per week programme: IELTS 5.5 in 2 skills, 5.0 in 2 skills
- 25 hour per week programme: IELTS 5.0 in 3 skills
Students who do not meet these requirements may still be eligible, and will be considered by the Academic Director.
- Designed to improve your English language skills to the level required by your chosen degree.
- Provides contextual study skills that acclimatise you to the culture of a UK university.
- Enables you to adjust to the demands, challenges and expectations of UK higher education.
- Teaches you how to give presentations on different areas of academic interest.
- Provides you with a short period of time to adapt to living and studying in the UK prior to beginning your academic studies.
Your course options
View detailed course content by selecting one of the options below: