The University of Stirling: be the difference
Dedicated to providing its students with lifelong employability skills, Stirling won’t just help you succeed academically – it will also prepare you for your future career. With 20% of students from overseas, the University of Stirling welcomes the world to its international academic community – and you will have a home on this breathtaking campus too.
Why choose the University of Stirling?
- Committed to employability – degrees here are designed to help you build the skills that you will need to develop a clear career path and put you on track for future success
- An ideal location – close to Glasgow and Edinburgh, Scotland’s largest cities, you will have the ideal combination of a peaceful learning space and the bright lights of the city
- Flexible learning – progress to Stirling or another top Scottish university in Edinburgh, Glasgow, Aberdeen or Dundee
What are my course options at INTO Stirling?
INTO Stirling courses will prepare you for further studies at the University of Stirling. We will support you in developing your English skills and improving your grades in preparation for an undergraduate or postgraduate degree.
Popular courses at INTO University of Stirling:
- Business, Finance, Economics and Marketing – progress to an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, economics, marketing or management at Stirling or another Scottish university.
- Science, Computing and Engineering – a 6-month course that is a quicker route to an undergraduate degree in science, computing or engineering at the University of Stirling or the University of Dundee.
- Undergraduate degree with International Year Two – combine your preparation year with your degree in one programme, continuing directly to Year 3 of a four-year undergraduate degree at Stirling.
- Business, Finance and Sport – progress to a postgraduate degree at Stirling or another Scottish university.
- Media, Humanities and Social Sciences – progress to a postgraduate degree at Stirling or another Scottish university.
You are guaranteed progression to the University of Stirling if you successfully complete your INTO programme and meet the requirements of your intended degree. Depending on the INTO course you take, you may also have the opportunity progress to another leading Scottish university. We offer the following courses:
- International Foundation
- International Diploma
- Undergraduate Degree with International Year One
- Undergraduate Degree with International Year Two
- Graduate Diploma
- Postgraduate Degree with Graduate Diploma
- English Language Courses
Where will I study at the University?
You will study on Stirling’s beautiful 330-acre campus that is centred around a large loch. You’ll initially study at the INTO Centre in the heart of campus, which is equipped with modern learning facilities and containing plenty of social spaces.Explore the INTO centre
What's life like in Stirling for students?
Located in central Scotland, the vibrant and welcoming city of Stirling is the most affordable student city in the UK (UNiDAYS 2018) and has a large student population. The University of Stirling is only a 10-minute bus ride to the city centre, where you will benefit from:
- a great selection of coffee shops, pubs and international cuisine, such as the very popular Asian fusion restaurant ‘Bite East’
- plenty of entertainment options, including a 10-pin bowling alley, a multiplex cinema and live music venues
- historic sites, such as Old Town and Stirling Castle, to see medieval buildings and spectacular Scottish scenery
7 reasons why studying in Scotland is amazing
Read more >
How will INTO Stirling support me?
You will be supported from the moment you arrive at the INTO Centre. Our Student Services team will help you settle into life in Stirling, offering the following services:
- orientation week with events to help you make friends
- help opening a bank account and registering with a doctor
- expert visa and immigration guidance
- extra support for students under the age of 18
- dedicated one-to-one support with your university application
Where will I live at the University of Stirling?
You will live in on-campus accommodation at the University of Stirling, located on the other side of the loch in a dedicated area for student residences. Just a five-minute walk from the INTO Centre and only a two-minute walk from laundry facilities, you can expect:
- En suite campus accommodation – a private bedroom with private shower facilities and a shared kitchen and living room