About the University of Stirling
The University of Stirling is dedicated to providing its students with lifelong employability skills. Known for its Media and Film, Education, Marketing, Economics and Sports Science programmes, the University won’t just help you succeed academically – it will prepare you for your future career.
With more than 120 nationalities represented on campus and many opportunities to experience different cultures, Stirling welcomes the world to its international campus – and you will have a home here too.
Committed to employability
The University of Stirling is committed to equipping its students with career management skills. With strong links to global and local organisations, the University has been awarded five-star excellence for employability (QS World University Rankings 2018).
Motivated, confident and enterprising, Stirling graduates stand out. All degree programmes are designed to help you build the skills you will need to develop a clear career path and put you on track for future success, while leading academics will equip you with the specialist industry knowledge you'll need to make an impact in your chosen field.
One of the most popular postgraduate degrees for international students is the MSc Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL). TESOL students can attend a special workshop series called ‘My career in TESOL’ – just one example of the University's career-first approach. The workshop aims to develop your awareness of continuing professional development, increase your knowledge of job market requirements and help to boost your confidence in applying for jobs, so you graduate feeling confident about the future.
Aerial view of the University of Stirling
Faculty of Health Sciences and Sport
University of Stirling library
Applied Biological Sciences students
Student Support Services
Learning Resource Centre
Brain imaging techniques
A global campus in an ideal location
With teaching and research partnerships in more than 60 countries and a multicultural campus representing more than 120 nationalities, the University of Stirling is proud to welcome international students from around the world. With 20% of students from overseas, you will join a friendly and welcoming community of big thinkers.
The University's beautiful 330-acre campus offers an unrivalled living and learning environment. If you would like to explore futher, the city of Stirling is only a short bus or taxi ride away and both Glasgow and Edinburgh are in easy reach by train. At Stirling, you'll have the ideal combination of a peaceful learning space and the bright lights of the city.
You have the freedom to choose your own path here. As an INTO University of Stirling student, you can choose to enter a degree at the University of Stirling once you successfully complete your pathway programme, or you can apply to another leading Scottish university. This means that you can customise your degree to your interests and passions. Progression options include:
- Abertay University – top 10 for Forensic Science*
- Heriot-Watt University – top 10 for Building, Mathematics and Town and Country Planning and Landscape Design*
- Queen Margaret University – top 10 for Aural and Oral Sciences and Drama, Dance and Cinematics*
- University of Aberdeen – top 10 for Accounting and Finance, Civil and General Engineering, Education and Dentistry*
- University of Dundee – top 10 for Anatomy and Physiology, Biological Sciences, Dentistry, Education, Forensic Science, Law and Medicine*
- University of Edinburgh – top 10 for Computer Science, Education, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Law, Mathematics, Medicine and Veterinary Medicine*
- University of Stirling – top 10 for Education, Marketing and Social Work*
- University of Strathclyde – top 10 for Accounting and Finance, Aeronautical, Chemical, Electronical and Electronic, General and Mechanical Engineering, Business and Management, Media Studies, Marketing and Pharmacology and Pharmacy*
- University of the West of Scotland – top 10 for Education*
*The Complete University Guide 2020