At the beginning of your course you will be told who your Personal Tutor is, and you will meet them in your first week.
Your Personal Tutor will:
- meet with you for tutorials throughout the year
- help you to settle into the academic community
- communicate your academic progress and provide you with guidance
- be available to meet during set office/tutorial hours or by appointment
- refer you to appropriate sources of academic and/or welfare support when required
Lecturer in EconomicsRead teacher's story
When you go into a classroom and you know you're making a difference to people's lives, helping them to develop all manner of skills, that's a worthwhile job to do and I genuinely enjoy it.
Language and other support
Language advisers are available in the Centre to help students with a low level of English to communicate.
Other support on offer includes:
- online support
- revision sessions
- one-to-one teaching (at an additional cost)