INTO Newcastle University pre-arrival guide
You’ve got your place. Now it’s time to get ready for Newcastle. A world-class education in a city made for students awaits you!
We’re here to help you every step of the way. Read on to get organized before you start your studies at INTO Newcastle University.
Preparing for your studies
Find out everything you need to know about INTO Newcastle before you travel. You’ll learn more about:
- how to get to the INTO Center
- support available to you, including your Personal Tutor
- what your induction week covers
- extracurricular activities and events to make the most of your time here.
What to expect when you arrive
If you haven’t studied abroad before, you may be wondering what it’s like. Our student ambassadors share their experiences of arriving in Newcastle for the first time.
Newcastle student stories
Hear from international students with the latest INTO Newcastle news and tips in our podcast.
Your induction week
After receiving your joining instructions, you’ll be able to access your new student induction via our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), Canvas.
Your induction is a week long. It covers a range of live and pre-recorded presentations and talks to prepare you for your studies, plus events and activities to help you settle into student life at INTO Newcastle, including:
- meet your teachers and other INTO Newcastle academic and support staff
- meet the Student Experience Team
- hear from Student Welfare
- learn about the library services and Language Resource Center
- find out about INTO Extra and opportunities for getting involved in extra-curricular activities
- hear from Newcastle University Students' Union
- preparation for your first week of teaching.
Your timetable for your classes will also be given to you during your induction week.
Life at INTO Newcastle
Explore the INTO Center, university campus and Newcastle before you’ve left home.